Above two 18th-century chests of drawers made by the Maggiolini workshop, a beautiful portrait of Carolina Lossetti-Mandelli painted by her nephew A. Baronio in 1890.
Above the dressing-table with old Ginori porcelains is a painting representing Grand Duke of Tuscany Cosimo III as a child and his housekeeper; a masterpiece of G. Sustermans (Anversa 1597-Firenze 1681) a Flemish painter working in Florence in the mid-17th century. Beside the bed is an important reliquary of various saints, including St Charles Borromeo, archbishop of Milan, an ivory crucifix, a Madonna called “della Penera” – a distemper by an early-15th-century Pisan painter – and two 18th-century Tuscan bedside tables convertible into close-stools.

By the window, over the prie-dieu, is a beautiful large 17th-century painting depicting St Francis’s death by G. Martinelli (1600-1659) a Tuscan painter of the 17Th Century and a papal dignitary’s uniform that belonged to Marquis Matteucci Ramirez di Montalvo.